Name:
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India

Friday, June 17, 2005

Simple, easy and fun....

Do something simple, easy and fun today

- said my prescription. And that put me to thinking. What could be simple, easy and fun at the same time?

Easiest thing to do was to ask for someone's advice.
(By the way, I remember someone telling me that giving an advice was the easiest thing to do - that way, the other person also shall be doing a easy, simple thing whether or not it's fun for them)


I asked a close friend of mine first. (may be I should be saying - chasked (asked in a chat conversation ;))) He suggested:
- watch a nice movie (me: gr8 idea! any others?) - this looked simple and easy to me but may not be fun
- sleep - actually this is top idea. simple, easy and fun(?!) :D - But may be the Doctor might feel that this is Tamasic fun(I mean, very passive and lazy choice) - wasn't very appealing.
- read Bertrand Russel - (me : a ha! ) hmmm...hmmm... actually my friend knows my interests ... but the problem is this: Bertrand Russel is going to be fun, and doing this is easy in the sense that I do not need to struggle hard to find his writings - but simple?? Not very, reading is surely easy but in my opinion Russel must be studied and not just read.
- chat with an interesting character - actually this is awesome fun - but you rarely find interesting characters to chat with. So that way it is not so easy or simple - next choice....
I ask another friend of mine-
- solve puzzles in The Hindu - Did not sound really interesting ...
- read some book - Again... depends - not very simple task....
- Clean your room - Excellent! I think this was something that was doing rounds in my brain too for quite some time now. But is it simple ?? Looking at my room - it needs quite a good deal of patience - I think it is fun definitely, so no problems with that - and because it is fun - it becomes easy too..

There were a few more suggestions - why not do some programming - yes, yes - people remind me - Programming is Fun - but then if it were simple and easy - then where is the fun???

After so many suggestions from various corners, what I do find is this way of thinking has surely been fun. It was also simple and easy, as the thought was not from my side. Had this kind of thinking been considered as doing something then I surely followed my prescription. But the point remains that - there is no evidence as to whether the action has been completed for the choices keep increasing, opinions keep coming and so on... finally I resign to the fact that cleaning my room is to be made simple and then done - as it is profitable in the long run...

"Cleanliness is next to Godliness"

3 Comments:

Blogger Su said...

Clean rooms have no rats. I learnt it the hard way round

Thursday, June 16, 2005 11:13:00 PM  
Blogger mythalez said...

This will be one of my fav posts in this blog :)

Saturday, June 18, 2005 10:11:00 AM  
Blogger agastyabhrata said...

*arvind
I guess I said it may not be considered as "work done" -but then, I think I have done just what you asked me to

*Su - Thankfully, NBH is secure from the rat menace :)

*mythalez - thanks, I think I can attribute it to the no. of words - 515 odd I guess - quite unlike me :D

*sagar - :o :o
hmm, I did not feel these were random, incoherent ramblings :(( They were just musings about what could be simple, easy and fun- that's all!!

- vamsee - hmm... that is an idea! Sure, I'll try this out too :D Thanx btw...

Sunday, June 19, 2005 4:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home