Name:
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

BlogWorld's Jaadoo ki Chchabbi

Jaadoo ki Chchabbi aKa a warm-hug - as popularised by Munna Bhai MBBS is a wonderful concept. In the one-time Best Seller Chicken Soup for the Soul, we are told:

We need 4 hugs a day for survival. We need 8 hugs a day for maintenance. We need 12 hugs a day for growth.


It feels so nice too, to hug,gives a sense of reassurance, a sense of strength, .... and I can keep writing... Jaadoo ki Chchabbi - it's surely a magic wand for all those in Human world. I was wondering what could possibly take the role of this Jaadoo Ki Chchabbi in the BlogWorld - and increasingly I find tagging as a possible alternative. And I would put all my weight in this line of thought.

First things first, I seriously did not like this point of getting "tagged" - as if you were a commodity - or as if you were an animal - I guess a better way would possibly be to say you are "e-hugged" :D

Now, I haven't noticed it seriously but I find that I have been "e-hugged" by my blogger friends Khurana (twice!) and Mythalez . I notice that just the way one has named it "tagging" - I wonder how the first person who chose to tag chose the questions - and I see that there are different set of questions in different kinds of tagging - as expected - even hugs are of different kinds!

More research needs to be done in this area and as you see - "e-hugging" as a concept needs to be studied. So no standards have been set yet, and this could possibly interest a few researchers on blogging :) And since there are no standards as of now, I have decided to continue the tradition of "tagging" phenomena - I e-hug my both friends. I hope they'll at least find my hug as is needed for "survival" :)


Seven Things I want to do in my life:

- Think about what to do in life
- Think about what not to do in life
- Think about what one should neither do nor not do
- Act on what I thought of what to do in life
- Act not on what I thought of not doing in life
- Find the state of action/no-action equilibrium
- Engage in the first six as if it were a continuum

Seven Things I can do:

- Eat
- Sleep
- Breathe
- Laze Around
- Talk
- Walk
- Chat

Seven Things I say the most:

- Hi
- How are you? (What's up? - this prolly quite rarely)
- I'm not bad/fine/so so
- emayya baagunnava ( A customary "hi" in Telugu)
- pharavaaledu (O.K type in Telugu)
- Well...
- contemplation/action

I still have gotta answer the following questions:

Seven Things I can’t do:
Seven Celebrity Crushes
Seven Things that attract me to the opposite sex
Seven People I tag

I seem to have written a lot till now... I'll get back tomorrow to fill up the rest :D And yeah, I think because this is getting difficult - there should be better standards 4 e-hugging... I'll let you know of the latest which is going on in that area...

5 Comments:

Blogger mythalez said...

ll be monitorin this space :P

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 3:19:00 AM  
Blogger AK-84 said...

m wa8ing for u to answer the second last and the third last question ;)) an eye's watching u all the time.. 'e-hugging' is a gr8 name..

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 4:02:00 AM  
Blogger AK-84 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 4:02:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey!
its Jaadoo kee'Jhappi' and not 'Chchabbi'

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 10:16:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For breathing no effort is required from your side

Sunday, December 04, 2005 11:30:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home