Name:
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Living the History

This is the first in the series of posts that I hope to fill on my trip to Sevagram, near Wardha in Maharashtra. My stay at the Gandhiji's Ashram for 3 days. And the various experiences with Shri Dharampalji, Gandhian, Historian, and a "crusader" against whatever is "UnIndian" - if I may describe him so. I do not know how I can thank Prof. Sangal for making me go on this trip to Central India which still has its heart with Indian essence.

The experience of living the history is undescribable, but I shall try and do as much justice that I can do to this as possible. This has been my first trip to stay alone at an unknown place and yes, filled with interesting and exciting experiences.

I begin by referring you to this wonderful speech by Hon'ble Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh's speech on receiving his Honorary Degree from Oxford University on 8th July, 2005. Please click here and "study" the speech. I shall refer back to it again and again, for I would like to concentrate on the "Understanding Gandhi" part of it too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home